I want to announce that you can subscribe to my newsletter now! I am really excited about it, because my WordPress theme is obviously a custom one and I had a wee bit of trouble with uploading a nice newsletter widget. Hope that you will enjoy my love letters twice a month! Be sure to subscribe, cause I will be sharing some stuff that is not going to be on the site! Love you all!
I haven’t been writing these days because I am quite busy with conceiving two new ideas. I will start with the difficult one.
My father and I talked about an opportunity for me to study abroad. I am enthusiastic when I think about travelling, meeting new people, experiencing a different culture, but I am not that sure if I want to study more. As you may have probably read in my description – I am already doing a Master’s Degree in Family Counselling. Also, after I graduated from high school I was studying Latin and Greek for one year in a Classics program. So, my train of thought is that I have been studying all my life and now when I am this close to graduating, I have to go and study more…. not a very nice feeling. Also, as this desire is not coming out of me – I don’t have a specific country, programme or idea what is going to be best for me and this leaves me with too much choices which I can’t really handle. I tried to narrow it down to only a few countries and mostly business related programmes, but this is still too much. As a person who is fascinated by the world and has a short attention span choosing to invest that much money in something which I don’t really know that will be of some use to me is quite a shock. Even more so, when I have to do it fast because there are upcoming deadlines until 1 June at best. So, this is how I have been spending my time the last few weeks – turning my eyes bright red from sitting too much in front of the computer and in my “free” time away from it – pondering all possibilities and trying to come up with a decision that is going to be a life-changer (at least for one year). No matter what I decide, I hear my mind constantly shout “I’m not ready! I can’t do this!” And, as life has it – yesterday I was listening to an interview and the lady said that one of our constant blockages is that specific line “I’m not ready.” She went on talking about how her big dreams have always been born this way – by still being raw, green and an unfinished product. I know this feeling so well as I am struggling with my own big dream of making my own show and I am terrified, because I don’t see the way from here to there. Have you ever had that feeling and how did it turn out at the end? Were you proud that you leaped?
There is also one screeching idea in the back of my mind that I have been thinking about for a while. I want to create an easy to follow exercise and diet program which is going to help you improve your body image – on the inside and the outside – for 30 days. Of course, those 30 days will be only to rev you up and as we well know – it takes consistency to really make a difference in your life. For me, personally, it has always been easier to follow through when I have someone to share my difficulties or someone who pushes me through. You will benefit from this program if you have been procrastinating on taking care of your health and it will take you only a few minutes a day (don’t count the shower after exercising :p). It will probably include a menu plan with healthy recipes, exercise ideas and encouragement and probably video or a booklet to guide you through the process. So, what do you say? Tell me if you would like to see this and bombard me with questions that you want to see covered! I won’t be able to answer specific disease-related questions, because I want this to be more of an everyday and accessible kind, but if you are struggling with habits or consistency or cravings, let me know! Thank you in advance for your support!
I promise that I will be back soon with more fresh content to make your life easier and remember that I love you and that you can always get in touch with me. For more details, visit the contact page.
P.S: If you are wondering about prices, I will probably make the first course free as it will be an experiment and a learning experience for me. Much love, sweetsies! (And btw I am quite active on Tumblr, so if you wanna stalk me, that’s the place!)
I believe that we should be kind to ourselves, but what is more important is to treat yourself as someone who is worthy. You should treat yourself as someone in control and power. You owe it to yourself to raise your level and stop being a doormat to people. Stop putting yourself last and for a change, try to put yourself first. Go and do something that gives you pleasure and makes you feel like a queen. Do something that would make you respect yourself more. Say no to that offer that you know will make you miserable. Don’t answer that booty call. Don’t treat yourself in a way that you would never treat your best friend. Don’t accept a behaviour that you would kill someone if he did it to her. So, why do you accept it for yourself?
Because you think you don’t deserve more than this.
The trick is that once you start convincing yourself that you are worthwhile, other people will follow the standard you have put out. If you put the biggest price-tag, there will be a buyer. But you say that you would give yourself to anybody who wants you or you say that you will take whatever job comes your way or you eat anything that is on your plate – everybody will treat you the same way – disrespectful, painful and you will be left with the taste of regret in your mouth afterwards. You deserve more than this and you will get it when you act like you do. When you respect yourself, you will be kind and nurture yourself enough. When you actively say what you want and you believe that you should have it, the world will act correspondingly. So, throw out your excuses and stop behaving like a stray kitten. You are a proud and strong woman and it is your duty to show this to the world. Stop making compromises with yourself and you will stop receiving unpleasant people and circumstances on your plate. Wake up and respect yourself.
Especially, because it is so abused.
If you go down the main street in your city, you will probably see that every single store is filled with ways to make you cash out on your love. There is nothing romantic in planning to be romantic.
I have nothing against commemorating a holiday, buying presents and enjoying a sweet and lovely dinner with your lovey-dovey.
But what if you are alone?
Surrounded by all those kissing couples could be quite depressing, so here are my suggestions on how to make it not-as-sucky if you are a single lady. It all comes down to one word though: Celebrate it!
- Buy a sex toy. It will surely make you forget about being a sad singleton.
- Spend the day by spoiling yourself. Prepare a face mask, order food and watch your favourite movies.
- Get a massage…
- or reflexology…
- or aromatherapy…
- or a hypnosis session…
- or get a manicure done…
- or whatever makes you happy.
- Move on.
- Let go.
- Throw out everything that your ex gave you.
- Get dolled up and listen to something retro and/or flashy.
- Put on a wonderful hair/head accessory that makes you feel like a queen.
- Invite your best friend and have him/her spend the night. I love talking ’til small hours.
- If you feel totally sucky that you are alone, exhaust yourself with some (interval) working out.
- Plan your perfect day (or night) and go out and live it out!
- Write a love letter to you potential mate. What would he be like?
- Or write love letters to all your friends. What do you love about them? How have they made your life amazing?
- Dance. In public.
- Clean your bedroom & arrange it in a way that makes you feel good.
- Buy yourself flowers.
- Put on your fanciest underwear and dance in front of the mirror. Be sexy just for your own sake.
- Buy a piece of art.
- Write an extensive list on “I rock because…”. Put it somewhere where you can see it and re-read it daily.
- Splurge on something you really want (and CAN afford!!!).
- Light some candles, listen to something comforting and meditate.
- Laugh with your bestie until you cry. Especially good if you are still suffering for your ex.
- Start writing a journal and make it a love letter to yourself.
- Beauty sleep.
- Start a magical project – something that you really want to do, but you have lots of excuses for.
- Re-read your favourite book.
- Get creative and remember that love is not only intimate – share it with your friends or co-workers.
- Get in touch with someone you haven’t heard in a while.
- Find your new “you” in the perfume section. I so suck at this – I have been trying to put my hands on a certain Escada for at least an eternity. Nothing else does it for me.
- Buy something luxurious for your home.
- Go to an amusement park and laugh your heart out.
- Watch a comedy.
- Spend the day alone and give it to yourself – make what you want out of it.
- Learn more about self-love and being true in relationships with other people. (Hint, hint: here you can do so!)
- Be your own Valentine!