Especially, because it is so abused.
If you go down the main street in your city, you will probably see that every single store is filled with ways to make you cash out on your love. There is nothing romantic in planning to be romantic.
I have nothing against commemorating a holiday, buying presents and enjoying a sweet and lovely dinner with your lovey-dovey.
But what if you are alone?
Surrounded by all those kissing couples could be quite depressing, so here are my suggestions on how to make it not-as-sucky if you are a single lady. It all comes down to one word though: Celebrate it!
- Buy a sex toy. It will surely make you forget about being a sad singleton.
- Spend the day by spoiling yourself. Prepare a face mask, order food and watch your favourite movies.
- Get a massage…
- or reflexology…
- or aromatherapy…
- or a hypnosis session…
- or get a manicure done…
- or whatever makes you happy.
- Move on.
- Let go.
- Throw out everything that your ex gave you.
- Get dolled up and listen to something retro and/or flashy.
- Put on a wonderful hair/head accessory that makes you feel like a queen.
- Invite your best friend and have him/her spend the night. I love talking ’til small hours.
- If you feel totally sucky that you are alone, exhaust yourself with some (interval) working out.
- Plan your perfect day (or night) and go out and live it out!
- Write a love letter to you potential mate. What would he be like?
- Or write love letters to all your friends. What do you love about them? How have they made your life amazing?
- Dance. In public.
- Clean your bedroom & arrange it in a way that makes you feel good.
- Buy yourself flowers.
- Put on your fanciest underwear and dance in front of the mirror. Be sexy just for your own sake.
- Buy a piece of art.
- Write an extensive list on “I rock because…”. Put it somewhere where you can see it and re-read it daily.
- Splurge on something you really want (and CAN afford!!!).
- Light some candles, listen to something comforting and meditate.
- Laugh with your bestie until you cry. Especially good if you are still suffering for your ex.
- Start writing a journal and make it a love letter to yourself.
- Beauty sleep.
- Start a magical project – something that you really want to do, but you have lots of excuses for.
- Re-read your favourite book.
- Get creative and remember that love is not only intimate – share it with your friends or co-workers.
- Get in touch with someone you haven’t heard in a while.
- Find your new “you” in the perfume section. I so suck at this – I have been trying to put my hands on a certain Escada for at least an eternity. Nothing else does it for me.
- Buy something luxurious for your home.
- Go to an amusement park and laugh your heart out.
- Watch a comedy.
- Spend the day alone and give it to yourself – make what you want out of it.
- Learn more about self-love and being true in relationships with other people. (Hint, hint: here you can do so!)
- Be your own Valentine!